SAMPLE WRITING TASK 2 | ĐỀ THI NGÀY 17/08/2019
Đề bài: Some people argue that we should do research into our family history. Others agree that we should focus on the present and future generations. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
In regards to heritage and legacies, a need for deeper grasp of family bloodline’s past achievements has been recognized as of late. Living and upcoming members, in opposition, are recommended to be the center of attention instead. Personally speaking, neither perspectives hold convincing arguments that they can offer joyful spirits to those exercising or receiving them.
First of which, intensive study into the triumphs of our ancestors may create disappointment if not anxiety. Since careers like farming or pottery were common in ages passed, seeker of pride in the champion of their previous generations would likely face disparity between expectations and mediocre reality. Contrastively, they may also compare the admirable efforts of forefathers to their current struggles, thus forming self-consciousness and depression under its weight. Suicides and mental illnesses rates, in actuality, were disturbingly high where said symptoms exist and originated from domestic pressure to upkeep the family image.
Secondly, shifting the limelight onto current family offspring can damage relationships between relatives. For illustration, it is not an unheard of concern among Vietnamese youth in which family reunions are associated with scrutiny of personal lives and accomplishments. To its extremes, many young people have not refrained from excitement in separation from family’s gazes, despite cutting family ties in returns. This means that little appreciation stems from living up to family names nor was there any for judgements of failing attempts at it.
In summary, while detailed insights into ancestral glory might end up straining one’s mental health, emphasized attention towards that of descendants have a tendency to break families apart. It is in my opinion that a collective support for individual efforts aspired by traditional resilience over hardship is the more probable strategy.
- Limelight = attention (n): Sự chú ý
- Associate with: Liên quan đến
- Scrutiny of: Sự xem xét chi li
- Refrain from: Kiềm chế không làm việc gì đó
- Stems from: Bắt nguồn từ
- Straining (v):Làm căng thẳng
- Emphasize (v): Nhấn mạnh
- Collective (adj): Tập thể
- Aspire (v) Lấy cảm hứng từ
- Resilience (n) Sự kiên cường
- The probable strategy: Giải pháp khả quan
- Heritage and legacies: Di sản
- As of late = recently (adv): Gần đây
- Convincing arguments: Quan điểm thuyết phục
- Triumph = Success (n): Sự thành công
- Pottery (n): Nghề làm gốm
- Ages passed = the past: Quá khứ
- Disparity between = Difference between: Sự khác biệt giữa
- Mediocre reality: Thực tế tầm thường (buồn bã)
- Forefathers (n): Thế hệ cha ông
- Self-consciousness: Sự tự ti
Sở dĩ Coherence and Cohesion mất điểm là do tác giả over-use cohesive device, khiến cho một số chỗ trở nên khó hiểu hơn bình thường, cụ thể:
- Focus: Scrutinize, not giving care
- Present and future generations: Achievement, not well-being
Nhấn Đăng ký để cập nhật các bài mẫu hàng tuần từ WESET.